FOOD | Qi Thai Authentic Grill

Hey Creatives!


Let's talk about food, baby! Let's talk about all the things that make me hungry. Let's talk abouttttt food! lol I'm always down to talk about food. Na'm shaying *Cardi B's voice* lol


Aniwhoot! I recently went to one of my fav Thai spots in Williamsburg or Willyburg as I call it. Qi Thai and being the frugal queen I am, I used a Groupon for a dinner for two.



The groupon was good for two appetizers, two entrees and one dessert. This would be my fourth or fifth time going to Qi and this time they did not disappoint. The intimate setting perfect for a dinner date or a girls night out, during the day they have a dope lunch special and happy hour special. Their lycheetini's are bomb.com 

















For starters, we ordered Peehk Gai Pehd aka Spicy Buffalo Wings and the Herbal Coconut Calamari. The wings never disappoint, being my second time ordering them. They literally fall off the bone, so tender like they have been slow roasted, but the menu says they are deep fried. The aren't spicy, but savory and tangy served with a slice of lime and a little squeeze onto the wings and it's dynomiteee! 



I had the Seafood Chu-chee Curry w/ Young Coconut for my entree. I have been loving curry dishes lately, well Thai curry dishes and they do not disappoint. Per youzhe, I ordered the curry very spicy, but I also asked for a side chili flakes. Young coco was very delish! The coconut was tender and the broth was warm, notes of ginger and citrus were perfectly balanced. The one thing I don't like at Thai spots are the tiny portions of rice they give you. Like, hello?! I am Nigerian. That should be enough said. 





For dessert: We ordered the Green tea, black sesame and coconut ice cream. The coconut was my fav, because, duh. There were fresh coconut flakes and it was so good, I could imagine it paired with some raspberry or passion fruit sauce. Delightful! Following closely behind it was the black sesame, now this is one for the books, the texture and flavor was interesting, yet good. It is something that one has to try themselves. The green tea ice cream is what I would call a palette cleanser it is definitely for an acquired taste, if you like matcha, you'd enjoy it. 


The service was pretty good, we took a while to decide what we wanted, but they were patient with smiles on their face. Definitely check Qi Thai in Willyburg out. 


Stay Creative

xo, Zaddy




Comments

Popular Posts