FOOD | Pinto

Hey Creatives,

It's been a while since I last did a food review. Pinto, is an intimate hole-in-the-wall Thai restaurant located in West Village on Christopher street and on Montague street in Brooklyn.

Pinto offers a lunch ($8 for an appetizer and entree) and a sunset special ($15 for an appetizer, entree and drink). I took a picture of the menu, but it's not aesthetically pleasing, so... yea.


They give you all the ingredients to make-your-own Thai iced tea, it'd be dope if they made lychee Thai iced tea. The ice cubes are made from tea to intensify the flavor. 

Their Thai iced tea is really good!

My appetizer: Satay 
Grilled cumin-marinated chicken, garnished with peanut-curry and laid over a bed of cucumber salad. How cute is the monogramed plate, right?! If you are not peanut fanatic, then you should pass on this dish. Personally, I enjoyed it; it reminded me of Indian flavors. The beauty and science about food is how unthinkable ingredients can blend together. I prefer their spring rolls, which are bomb.com! 

I am a Thai food enthusiast and I usually stick to noodle, rice or Thai basil dishes, but never curry dishes. So why not step outside the comfort zone?!? I ordered the shrimp green curry that come with a side of jasmine rice. I LOVE spicy dishes, so I ordered this dish to be extra spicy.*insert flame emoji* 
It was a little sweet, but it packed some heat. Thai basil being one of the most prominent and frequent ingredient in most Asian dishes adds that nice oomf. There was artichoke, zucchini, and green chiles. One of the many things I love about Thai food is the use of vegetables

A lil' close up of the green curry dish

I hope you Creatives get the chance to enjoy Pinto! Make it a date night or a grab a quick lunch with a friend. Being that seating is limited, they do not take reservations. If yo go, let Zaddy know lol
Thank you for reading and remember to stay creative!

xo, Zaddy

Comments

Popular Posts