FOOD | Negril BK

Hey Creatives!

I hope you are doing well and all that jazz! June is finally here and so is the warm weather! 


I recently went to Negril BK, not to be confused with Negril Village. Negril BK was launched by Peter Best, the restaurateur who launched two Negril Village's in Atlanta and NYC (no longer affiliated), as well as Streets BK. Negril BK offers innovative Caribbean cuisine. Small plates include wings and BBQ ribs, while main dishes feature jerk chicken, braised oxtail, and seafood stew, according to Our BK Social.




I went to Negril BK with one of my good Judy, Idia and she suggested sharing appetizers. Which is a really good idea when you are trying a new restaurant. It gives you a true feel of the cuisine. So we ordered the wings (they are grilled and glazed with a tamarind chili sauce), the spring rolls (ackee and saltfish with tamarind sauce) and the lobster mac-n-cheese.



Sorrel Pina Colada - this was very good, the sorrel didn't have an overpowering taste, but I couldn't taste the rum one bit.


The wings were very good, grilling them gave them a nice smokey flavor. If you like tamarind, you will like this, the chili cut a lot of the sweet and tartness of tamarind. I needed it to be more saucy, but not overly saucy.. you feel me?! 


Lobster Mac-n-Cheese
Okay, if I am going to a Caribbean restaurant and I'm served mac-n-cheese or pie as some call it... the last thing it should be especially inside is wet. WHAT IS THAT? I need my mac-n-cheese - cheesy. Thanks! There was barely any lobster to be found, there seemed to be a lot of garlic, very similar to SoCo's mac-n-cheese. 

I am willing to give Negril BK another try for more of their menu tastings. The ambiance alone will bring you back, the vibe was perfect; intimate and sexy. This is good spot for brunch the girls, dinner with le beau and a birthday celebration with friends and family. 

Thank you for reading and be sure to connect!

Stay Creative,
Zaddy









Comments

Popular Posts