FOOD | New York Restaraunt Week - Indochine

Hey Creatives, 

I have another late post about New York City restaurant week. I went to Indochine for my mother's birthday in August and decided to try their restaurant week menu. Indochine, located in NoHo, NYC serves French-Vietnamese cuisine with a tropic, yet intimate decor and ambiance. The entrance features an bold neon red and eye-catching sign. 

Upon my arrival, the hostess was friendly and gracious. 


Waiting for Nigerians be like... LOL!


Pre-fixed restaurant week menu

On the regular menu
Crispy shrimp stuffed with asparagus and shitake mushroom served with a pimento-plum sauce. Simply delicious!  


Fried chicken spring rolls, vegetables and glass vermicelli. Good spring rolls are hard to come by and Indochine did not disappoint, perfect amount of crunch and very tasty. 

My entree: Spicy chicken sautéed with lemongrass, Asian basil and peanuts and a side of sticky rice with dried baby shrimp (which tastes like crayfish - my Africans know what I am talking about) and Vietnamese sausage. For the spicy chicken, I was expecting more heat or interesting blend of flavors or a greater influence of Asian flavors, nonetheless, the food was not bland, but I was expecting much more.


Overall, the food was good! The food and drinks consisted of a perfect fusion of both French and Vietnamese cultures and it showed in the presentation of the food as well. HOWEVER, the service was TRASH, our server was extremely rude, condescending and inattentive. It took forever for her to take our order and check-up on us. Not too sure if I'll be back, but the food may be worth it. 


xo, Zaddy

Comments

Popular Posts