FOOD | Cold, Culture and Cheese

Happy Friday Creatives,

If you're on the East Coast, I hope you're staying warm, because sis! -_-

Although today has been bastardly cold *cue Nigerian accent* it was nonetheless fun-filled. I met up with my friend Akeira and our first stop was at the New Museum, followed by the Tiny Cafe pop-up and lastly Mac Bar and McNally Jackson Bookstore.

Tiny Cafe, a well-planned and executes Zagat set up in the heart of NoHo. The pop-up celebrates the new 2017 NYC Restaurants Guidebook and the relaunch of the restaurant review app. The pop-up  offers free, tiny versions of food from the top-rated restaurants on the app. Jacques Torres chocolate chip cookies, Los Tacos adobado tacos, Pizza Loves Emily pizzaNew to the tiny food world (I've been watching those Buzzfeed and Tasty recipes, uber cute!) Standing outdoors in 40-degree weather, Akeira and I waited, had two ladies try it and an almost blown away dish



Three bites and approximately 45 calories', the experience was over. 30 minutes in the bitter cold, for an Instagram aesthetically-pleasing miniature pizza. Never having tried Pizza Loves Emily, it was cool and cold, because obvs. But the basil and cheese were pungunet in flavor, the actual dough was stale, but they're tiny pieces of food - I'm not entirely sure what I was expecting. This pop-up is from October 27th-29th from 11am-7pm or until supplies last. For FREE!




The line




Mini burgers

Mini pizzas

Mini tacos

A tiny Magnolia Cupcake 

The item of choice comes in a box w a mini plate.




Now, onto the real food lol

It has been a while since I've had Macbar, so tonight was the night. I usually enjoy the Mayan chipotle, mac lobsta', so today I decided to try the mac quack: duck confit, fontina, caramelized onion and fine herb. The fontina cheese was good it is sort of like a mild asiago (which is my fav cheese), it's a creamy and light taste. The duck, I couldn't find solid cuts of duck like it would be in the mac lobsta' or Mayan chipotle and I didn't have the energy to go back and wait another 20 min for a new batch. The mac-n-cheese was hot, the cheese was all melty, but the duck was out of sight, but still tasted good.





Thank you for reading and be sure to connect!
👻: CREATINGTIVITY
IG:  Creating Creativity
Twitter: Creatingtivity


Stay Creative,

xo Zaddy






Comments

Popular Posts