FOOD| Sugarcane Raw Bar Grill

Hey Creatives!

Happy Spring!

This week, a friend and I caught up over some drinks for happy hour. I was perusing the 'gram to see what was new and poppin' and I saw Sugarcane Raw Bar Grill and I suggested it and she was game. 
Sugarcane RBG is located on 55 Water Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201 located near Brooklyn Bridge Park nestled between Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges. There are other locations in Miami and Las Vegas. Happy hour is Monday-Friday from 4-7pm. Cocktails, wine and bubbles (prossecco served with fruit essences) are $7 and beer is $5.




Entrance on Water st (into Empire Stores)



Empire Stores lobby

Outdoor seating

We started out with drinks, I ordered the 'Frogroni', made with premium gin, campari and sweet vermouth. Think frose, but with gin.
 
I really enjoyed it, it has a bitterness to it, which I believe the sweet vermouth added.

My friend ordered the "Spice of Love' (not pictured) made with premium vodka, fresh  jalapeño, passion fruit purée, mango essence which she really enjoyed. the  jalapeño, she said was not too pungent, in essence it isn't a spicy cocktail. 

My second cocktail, 'Passion' made with passion fruit purée, orange bitters, simple syrup (not pictured), it was really nice and bubbly. My friend's cocktail (pictured above), 'Strawberry Balsamic' made premium vodka, fresh strawberries, aged balsamic, fresh lime juice and she enjoyed it as well

For appetizers, we ordered the shrimp tempura roll and it was delish! Served with spicy aioli and soy sauce.




Our second appetizer was the chicken breast drizzled with yakitori sauce. The chicken and sauce were very flavorful, but it is chicken breast and it was a bit dry.

Overall, our experience was very pleasant. Michael, our bartender was amazing and explained everything to a T. I think I found a new summer spot, with a great view, affordable food and good vibes. I see that they are hosting a Mother's Day brunch, be sure to check out Sugarcane Raw Bar Grill. What spots are on your list for the spring and summer?



Thank you for reading and be sure to connect!
Twitter: Creatingtivity

Stay Creative,
xo Zaddy












Comments

Popular Posts