Turning A New Leaf

Hey Creatives, 

As I write this 52 minutes before my 22nd year on earth, I deem it necessary to compose my thoughts and reflect about life, change, challenges, rewards and, overcoming trials and tribulations and most importantly setting new goals for the my new year. If you know me personally, you know that the last half of the year has been A LOT, to say the least. There has been tons of pleasant and challenging moments, but overall, I give glory to God. Earlier this year I wrote a post about change and ways to achieve it, but the funny and intriguing thing about life is how when we plan, it does not always go our way. 


Resisting and sometimes acknowledging change is painful because resistance and acknowledgement to a natural occurrence is painful— like trying not to get burned while touching fire. Similarly, resistance and acknowledgment to change is like trying to stop the world from turning while having no control over the laws of nature, gravity and etc. Trying to believe I can acquire such control, or putting effort into attaining such quizzical ability–is to harm ourselves by eliminating common sense and replacing it with gullibility.

I do not control the natural order of this world; similarly, I do not control the cause and effect of choices I make, I only control my thoughts and my choices; this is the notion of free will. Free will chooses to put your hand in the fire, but it cannot speak to the sensation of your hand sending its signal to the brain that the scolding heat is punitive and dangerous. There is no changing the rules, only choosing to follow alongside them and appreciate the aspects we can control; such as not sticking our hands in places which provoke pain.


As the saying goes, change in life is inevitable. We all experience it, whether the change be relational, geographical, financial, spiritual, or otherwise. The common denominator is our attitude towards that change, and our choice to either prolong its worst symptoms, or to agree not to damage ourselves by arguing over laws that aren’t ours to manipulate. Trying to prove the unprovable is useless; whereas adapting to change and learning to understand the notion of embracing pain–without diminishing or invalidating our emotional response to such an experience–is the very bridge to one facet of peace in this world.

Change is necessary in that it helps us grow. Being vulnerable (which is foreign to me, because Scorpio life lol, but seriously) is turning a new leaf in your every day life. Being honest with yourself for one and those that are in your camp. Start with exposing what you’re afraid of, and gather what it takes for you to be vulnerable and honest. Once you can do that, the possibilities are endless. Avoid the unnecessary fear of change, and embrace what’s coming. It’s the best experience you’ll ever have–the lack of fear. I release all my burdens and woes unto God, He will carry my concerns and fears and show me where to go and what to say. I trust Him, surrender to Him and embrace His love.

As aforementioned, burdens in my life have impacted me and my creativity without a doubt, it has made me look at the creative construct in a whole new light. As a creative, it's imperative to reconnect with you space(s) and fill that void with life, nurturing and allowing it to grow. This is the time to revisit my passions, strengths, where I need to improve, what I want to learn, where I want to be and my purpose. Huge questions and visions, I know, but how I am going to achieve them not sure yet, but I willing to go on the journey.



Thank you for reading and be sure to connect!

👻:: CREATINGTIVITY
IG:  Creating Creativity
Twitter: Creatingtivity

Stay Creative

xo Zaddy 

Comments

Popular Posts