FOOD | Pies -N- Thighs

Hey Creatives, Happy Fall/Autumn!

Pies -N- Thighs, is an earshot from the Williamsburg Bridge, is a dive style Southern and Brooklynite fusion that is quite popular. There was a Lower East Side location, but closed down due to some DOH issues. I went to Pies -N- Thighs about to years ago and I really enjoyed it.


The last I went, I ordered the chicken and waffles and I wanted to see if it would be memorable like last time. The restaurant was not as packed as I remembered, things were a lot easier and no sense of rush. I ordered the chicken and waffles, cornbread and white sangria. 


The chicken: the pitfalls of deep fried and overly salty, juicy enough chicken. However, the salt overpowers the meal and makes the meal memorable for the wrong reasons. 

The waffle: a buckwheat waffle was thicker than I remembered and not exciting. For anyone that is not too familiar with buckwheat, one would expect the flavors to be a lot more compelling. The texture was off putting because it was so thick, somehow it was still good. Weird, I know. The apples were caramelized with some cinnamon, in my opinion not necessary. The butter was also an addition not necessary - no distinct flavor.


I ordered the white sangria ($6), also another mess. Overly sweet, like they poured corn syrup and topped it with peaches. Not a fan.

The cornbread (not pictured) was cold and hard, so I sent that bad boy back!


I wont' lie, I was deeply disappointed. I remembered Pies -N- Thighs being a really delicious spot, but no uh. I want to give them another try and go for another dish, but IDK bruh lol.


Thank you for reading Creatives and have an amazing day. Be sure to follow me on IG and Twitter



Stay Creative, 
xo Zaddy 

Comments

Popular Posts