FOOD | Sweet Treats In NYC

Hey Creatives and my fellow foodies!

In the dictionary, next to the word 'sweet tooth' is my picture, because, sis! I wanted to share some new, old and fave sweet treats spots that are super dope. A lot of the spots sand may have a wait in order to enter and enjoy the blessings of sugar!

1. Kith Treats

Kith Treat is for the cereal and ice cream lover, it's the first cereal bar and in NYC. At KT, you can make a variety of combos for ice cream, milkshakes, or just a box filled with cereal and milk. Here I ordered my fav cereal: Cinnamon Toast Crunch with cheesecake bites. Three big scoops of vanilla ice cream, the cereal and the bites were added into the swirl machine and BAM! My ice cream was ready to devour. The concept is super dope because you can create what you want in any treat you order and there is a special menu curated by celebrities, entertainers and influencers. Go to Kith, get a treat and do some shopping while you're at it ;)



I have heard of ULG for years, but never went in search for any of its locations, nor did I randomly bump into any, until this Summer. This particular location, snuggled in 7th ave neighborhood of Park Slope in Brooklyn is a small storefront with a classic ice cream shoppe set up, with the associates stand in the window asking customers what they want to order and giving sample for people to try. I sampled the 'Soprano Spumoni', Brooklyn Cheesecake', 'Creamy Creamolata', 'Strawberry Cheesecake', and 'Vanilla Chip Dip'. All the flavors were unique and some were not my fav, at all. I opted for the Brooklyn Cheesecake, because, duh! Rich, generous amounts of cheesecake churned into creamy cheesecake flavored ice cream called for a celebration to say the least. It was so good, really contemplating on buying a pint lol. 



I ordered the vanilla bar, dipped in dark chocolate, drizzled with white chocolate, topped with sliced almonds, rose petal, white chocolate crisps and dusted with gold. Btw, if you check-in on Yelp App, you can get an additional topping for FREE. This was the first time I had ever had a Magnum Ice Cream bar and I appreciate the opportunity to create my own bar in a way without the pre made flavors and etc. There was a bit of line, but it moved very fast. The creations that encapsulated the space was very cool and pretty creative. My bar, being aesthetically pleasing was a bonus, but the ice cream was not to die for, all the toppings sort of covered the flavor, if there was any to begin with. I was expecting an amazing vanilla bean ice cream bar that not only corresponded with the toppings, but stood out and could be identified as an individual flavor. Besides that, the woes of sensitive teeth hit me. There are not spoons available *insert wailing emoji here!* because sensitive teeth.  It was a cool experience, especially for social media, but I have had better ice cream. 






1. Maple Bacon - The maple flavor was intense and the bacon was umm, yea. I wouldn't purchase again.
2. Classic Chocolate Chip - One can never go wrong with the classic chip. This was actually really good, the chips were gooey and the cookie was soft and chewy in the middle and crunchy on the edges like a really good cookie should be like.
BTW, I went to the Williamsburg location.





Dominique Ansel Bakery

When one thinks of cookies and milk, the last thing to be consumed would be the milk. At Dominique Ansel's bakery, it's quite the opposite. You take a shot of the Tahitian milk (comes from Swede Farm in New York and is cold-infused with vanilla beans for 24hours) then eat the cookie. The milk was absolutely delish and I wanted more ( I didn't ask if there bottled versions. Will do next time.)!!! Moreover, the cookie is something I don't want again. It tasted like a pack of Chips Ahoy coated with chocolate - no ma'am!



Thank you for reading and be sure to connect!
👻:: CREATINGTIVITY
IG:  Creating Creativity
Twitter: Creatingtivity


Stay Creative,

xo Zaddy

Comments

Popular Posts