FOOD | Vapiano

Hey Creatives!!!

I know, I know. Where the hell have I been?! Chile, I don’t even know to be frank, but I'm here now :) 

It’s been a while since I’ve last done a food review, so here’s one about my experience at Vapiano, a German-owned Italian restaurant. I first sighted Vapiano in British vlogs, amongst other restaurants that need to come to NYC *cough cough*. It's been here circa 2010, who knew!? You can get everything Italian from antipasti, pasta, pizza, dolci (sweets/desserts) and everything in between. The atmosphere is very relaxed, but with a twist. As soon as we walked into the location, we were greeted by the hosts and was asked if we'd been there before. They gave us cards which would be used to charge us for everything we ordered (you can max up to $50 per card). Although they weren't through with their explanation, we had to ask a server for more clarification.


As I walked into the food hall (for lack of better words), I noticed the long wooden tables buzzing with people eating, laughing and others standing around sections to order. So think of it like any fast casual themed restaurant, i.e. Chiptole, Chop't, Mod Pizza. Everything is made to order in front of you - each meals is prepared to each person's taste and preference. Each course is sectioned, there's a section for antipasti (appetizers), pizza, pasta & rissotto, vino & bar and dolci (desserts).





Each section has the scanning device where you tap your card against the scanner to get charged.

To the il mangiare!

As I glanced through the menu, I spotted bruschetta, which I haven't had in a while, so I had to order it. Bruschetta is Italian bread topped with tomatoes, basil, garlic, and olive oi. They could've used a little bit more olive, but overall, it was really good.








Pasta being one of my favorite foods, I couldn't come to Vapiano without ordering some. I ordered Granchi Di Fiume (crawfish and fresh vegetables in lobster sauce). The chef preparing my food asked how I'd like it, whether more garlic than spice or both. As a Naija gyal, I had to get it extra spicy + garlicy with fresh tagliatelle pasta. I usually stick to penne and fettuccine, so trying fresh tagliatelle was a really interesting experience, it's similar to fettuccine, but more wider. FYI, Vapiano uses fresh pasta, and it's usually cooked al dente (slightly undercooked) it gives the pasta a chewy texture. I would've liked it to be cooked a little longer. As for the meal, it was really delicious, the veggies added a nice crunch to the creaminess of the sauce and tenderness of the crawfish. I do wish they added more garlic to the sauce.


 You literally watch the chef prepare your food, really nice!


I also ordered the the pomegranate cosmopolitan, which was really good! If you enjoy a sweet cocktail, this is for you!

Overall, I would recommended and go back to Vapiano. I would like to try their risotto, pizza, dolci and perhaps more cocktails. 

 A clean plate and a good drank! Salud!

Vapiano: 8.5/10 


This is a GREAT place for a plethora of occasions; dates, casual birthday dinners, dinner with friends and family.
PS, if you check-in with Yelp, you can get a free bottled iced tea. I got the peach vanilla black tea and it was really good! It was perfect pairing from the sweetness of the peach and sweet and aromatic flavor of the vanilla.





Thank you for reading and be sure to connect!
👻:: CREATINGTIVITY
Twitter: Creatingtivity
Stay Creative,
xo Zaddy




Comments

Popular Posts