FOOD | New York Restaurant Week - Capital Grille


Hey Creatives!

I hope you're all doing well and having a great summer thus far. My friend and I went Capital Grille during Restaurant Week and what an experience it was. It was my first time at a fancy steakhouse, we went during the week for dinner.

Upon entry, we were greeted by the hosts and were seated immediately even thought we had no reservations. As we walked into the dining hall, there were a few people in different sections. We were then directed to a room that had a vault as the door. Major brow raise, but as we entered and saw others, it was all good. lol!




The server was very informative and let us know what the specials were and the restaurant week menu and all that jazz. 

Bread, bread! I luh me some bread, hunnay!

Garden salad with fresh cracked black pepper. My salads are no more complete without cracked black pepper. #gamechanger It adds this spicy flavor to the savoriness of salads.

One of those where's the rest of the food moments LOL!

The Chef's Suggestion: 8oz filet mignon and grilled shrimp with herb butter. Seriously, where's the rest of the food? All jokes asides, this was a pretty standard portion of this combo. I ordered my steak medium well. The shrimp was reallllllly good. The steak was tasty too, but it just reminded me that I am not a huge red meat fan (unless it's a burger or just super tender). On the side was Sam's mashed potatoes and French green beans which were both delicious. I ordered the cosmo which is always my go to drink. It was a bit strong though :/


Tomato polenta cake - compliments of the chef.was pretty good, reminded me of savory grits.


Have you ever been to Capitalle Grille? What are your fave steakhouses?

Thank you for reading.

Stay Creative,
xo Zaddy

Comments

Popular Posts